In order to be considered for admission, all candidates need to submit:
- Complete the online application
- Pay the application fee by credit card or e-check
- Academic Credentials (see instructions below).
- Upload a personal statement (or statement of purpose as defined by some departments), a professional artistic résumé, and in some cases an academic writing sample.
- If you are applying to the Cinema Studies M.A. program or to Moving Image Archiving and Preservation you are no longer required to submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Only the Cinema Studies PhD program requires the GRE.
- Ask two recommenders to submit letters of recommendation using the online letter of recommendation system. Three letters are required by the Goldberg Department of Dramatic Writing, the Performance Studies department, the Cinema Studies department, and the Moving Image Archiving and Preservation Program.
Office of Graduate Admissions
New York University
Tisch School of the Arts
726 Broadway, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10003
Please note that you may upload transcripts or have them mailed in. You do not have to do both.
GRE scores will be sent electronically by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). Candidates for whom scores are required should take the GRE well in advance of the December 15th application deadline. The GRE Code for the Tisch School is 2357. There is no department code. Sample questions can be viewed online at the GRE Website: www.gre.org.